What You Need to Know About PCI IT Solutions
The Payment Card Industry (PCI) regulation, protects all your customers credit card information! Not complying or ensuring your system meets all the requirements can jeopardize your reputation and leave you paying hundreds of thousands of dollars. This information can be stolen very easily and it sells on the black market for the average price of $30 for 100 credit card numbers. This low cost of acquisition is one of the reasons credit card fraud is on the rise.
If you accept credit or debit cards in your business, you need to be familiar with this regulation. Banks and Point-of-Sale (POS) equipment salesmen will sell you secure appliances, but there is more to PCI than having a secure appliance. There are several PCI IT solutions from ensuring your customers are not in the same network as your POS system to ensuring you have a properly configured firewall.
Until now, there has not been an inexpensive solution for you to secure the credit card information of your customers. Here are the PCI IT solutions Cyber Security can offer you!
12 Requirements for PCI Compliance
Build & &Maintain a Secure Network and System
1. Install and maintain a firewall configuration
2. Do not use Vendor-Supplied default passwords
Protect Cardholder Data
1. Protect stored cardholderdata
2. Encrypt transmission of cardholder data
Maintain a Vulnerability Management Program
1. Develop secure systems and applications
2. Protect from malware and regularly update anti-virus
Implement Strong Access Control Measures
1. Restrict access to cardholder data by business need to know
2. Identify and authenticate access to systems components
Regularly Monitor and Test Networks
1. Track and monitor all access to network resources
2. Regularly test security systems and procedures
Maintain an Information Security Policy
1. Maintain a policy that address information security of all personnel
2. Restrict physical access to cardholder data
What's the Next Step?
The first thing we must do in order to address your concerns is examine your risk. We will need to perform a Compliance Health Check, for free, which will provide us the vulnerabilities that your systems and procedures currently have. We will then explain the Threats that seek your Vulnerabilities and how it affects your office. Your Risk is determined by a complex equation which includes the dollar value of the data your office possesses, the dollar value of potential loss from downtime, vulnerabilities in your systems and processes, and the threats to those vulnerabilities.
Give us a call for PCI security solutions and allow us to perform our Compliance Health Check, if we find nothing wrong with your systems, procedures, or compliance then we’ll pay you $100 for your time.